The High Court has asked establishment secretary Iqbal Mahmud to explain why contempt proceedings should not be brought against him.
The court also asked him on Thursday to appear before it on Jan 18 with the explanation for not obeying its order to provide job to a freedom-fighter's son, Mohammad Riaz Uddin.
A bench of justices A H M Shamsuddin Chowdhury and Sheikh Mohammad Zakir Hossain passed the order upon a petition from Mohammad Riaz Uddin.
The petition, submitted on June 10, last year, says the High Court ordered the government to take into consideration within 30 days the employment of Riaz as a medical assistant under the quota reserved for freedom fighters' children.
It also had said inaction in carrying out the order would be considered as contempt of court.
Advocate Moshtaque Ahmed stood for the plaintiff while attorney general A B M Altaf Hossain for the state. Dhaka, Jan 6 (bdnews24.com)
View it in main site